Saturday, September 13, 2008

She makes me so proud

She handled a sudden and quick labor with aplomb...she drove to get me at the rink when her efforts to dry her cell phone were unsuccessful. She labored with no complaint, she never said that she couldn't do it, she just did what she needed to do and got herself through it. She has picked up nursing Emiko like she has been doing it every day of her life, like it just comes to her naturally. She handles dinner tonight with our friend Molly like it was just another evening in, forget about having given birth only 3 days prior. She walks about our home in an unfamiliar body with a grace, beauty and poise becoming of someone whose pregnancy was assisted by personal trainers, personal chefs and personal assistants, not of someone who recently gave birth, nursed, helped clean up the kitchen and changed a diaper.

I am so proud of her, the love of my life. I am constantly amazed, the love of my life. I am so in love with the love of my life.

No comments: