Wednesday, September 17, 2008

One week of life with Emiko

Emi has been with us...well, on this plane of existence, for one week. It's been a pretty incredible ride so far.

We've been learning new methods of sleep and naps. Hope has become a breast feeding pro. I have gone from never having changed a diaper to being able to do it in my sleep.

I've started cooking again (albeit, we've had a few guests so it makes cooking for the group easier than just for two of us). I've become the leftover king (just as in childhood). I've learned where the King Sooper's is and how to push a grocery cart.

Hope is quickly becoming the mother extraordinaire. I'm not sure where she finds the energy. I'm not sure how she rouses herself from bed in the middle of the night (this is the same woman who used to spit venom at me if I woke her when I came home from hockey). She looks gorgeous and is only a week out from dropping the kid into our hands. Her milk came in fairly early so Emi's weight was right back to birth weight 5 days after her birth.

What else?

Oh, apparently, I've been nesting. Cleaning the kitchen and making it mine again. Hope is blown away and Molly supposedly whispered to her this weekend, "Who is this guy who has moved into the house with you?"

All good stuff. I'm off to change another diaper, clean the house, do the laundry and make lunch. All in the next five minutes.....

No comments: