Sunday, September 14, 2008

Nesting

This is Hope writing - my first time entering in Seth's blog - but I thought it appropriate to comment on his amazing transformation into Daddy since he's done such a wonderful job keeping everyone posted on our growing family.

When we talked throughout the pregnancy about this child entering into our lives, we discussed beliefs, morals and values. We talked about our dreams for the child and how we wanted to be as parents. And we talked about how we would love this child more than we loved each other - that it was going to happen and we had to adjust to this new and all-consuming love in our lives.

Well I have to say that while indeed, my love for Emiko is boundless, my love for Seth has reached a height that I never thought possible. I clung to him for support while I labored to bring Emiko into the world, and he never wavered, not even when I bit him! I looked into my daughter's eyes for the first time and saw his looking back at me with a depth that I cannot describe. He helped me during our first night together as I struggled to remember how to latch our baby to my breast. He held me during our second night together when I felt for sure that I could never do this enormous job that I had signed on for... being a mother. He woke with Emi and I for every night feeding to change her diaper and hold her as she settled back into sleep. He went grocery shopping (if you know Seth you know it's been years since he's set foot in a King Soopers) and fixed lovely dinners for us each night that we've been home. He cleaned out our freezer and every cupboard in our kitchen to organize and prepare for times when he will not be home each day with me. He reads to Emi daily, and she just loves it. He sings to her and plays his guitar - it's enough to rouse her and she just stares at him with so much love...

I have been so amazed and elated to watch my husband become so much more... he is my support and my best friend... he is Emi's Daddy. And still absolutely and unconditionally the love of my life.

Thank you Seth.

No comments: