Saturday, September 13, 2008

Arriving home with Emi



We were able to bring Emiko home from the hospital on Friday in the early afternoon.

Driving takes on a whole new meaning when you have a little one secured in the backseat. I'm so much more nervous, scared of other drivers but feel that our little family is comfortably ensconced in the safety of our Volvo (thanks so much to Robbie!).

As we rolled up to our house, we noticed pink balloons tied to our mailbox and more balloons as well as streamers as we pulled into the garage. Molly had decorated our house as our welcome home (thanks to YOU Molly, for decorations and taking care of Gibs while we were out and about).



Gibson was excited to see me as I walked through the door but he was looking expectantly at Hope as she climbed out of the car. A quick hi to her and then he completely melted when I carried Emiko into the house. It is almost like he looked at us and said, "Finally. I've been wondering when you would figure it out and bring home a kid to complete this family!"

Gibson won't leave her side. Where he once slept by himself in the kitchen or living room at night, he now sleeps by the bassinet. When Hope gets up in the middle of the night to feed Emi, Gibs will go with them and sit by them as Hope nurses. If I am changing a diaper, he stands by my side as I clean Emi and get her dressed again.

We continue to be so impressed by this dog.



And now it is time for another nap. We hope to see you all soon here in Colorado.

No comments: