Thursday, September 18, 2008

Words

I received some wonderful messages from incredible friends regarding Emiko. Thanks to all.

This one message touched many chords, from the same man who told me to "soak it all in" while I can.


I have to say, those pictures brought back some great memories when my wife and I brought home our first bundle of joy. There are no words that can describe the feeling.

You can expect to face many challenges over the years ahead. That is certain. Just make sure to keep these pictures handy when those challenges seem to get overwhelming, and remember that feeling of love that is written all over your faces. Remember, you and Hope have already started to shape precious Emiko Rose Mukai’s life and you too will be responsible for who she grows up to become, which I have no doubt will be a proud member of our community.

As a father who has come to the reality that our kids will soon be off to College, moving out of the house, and spending more time with friends, truly experience everything there is with a newborn and take nothing for granted. Every minute is a grain of sand slipping through our finger.

Congrats and I hope to see you and your family soon.


No comments: