Sunday, September 14, 2008

The first skate after Emi's birth

I left this evening for a quick skate. At Apex which is where I was last week when Hope came stumbling through the rink door.

I'm now realizing that I need to get back in shape for the upcoming season...I know I will have a lot of big games right off the bat so I need to get on the ice and move.

It was tough leaving Emi and Hope at home but Auntie Molly was here helping out Hope so I know there were plenty of capable hands in the house. The skate was perfect. I was not really reffing so no one was yelling or complaining, I could just focus on form and vision. I skated a modified 4-man system (I was the ref...skating from goal line to far blue line and back). A lot of backwards skating and every now and then I would skate goal line to goal line with each rush, just to get my heart rate up.

My foot speed is there. My heart rate never really exploded. I barely broke a sweat for the first fifteen minutes. But it felt good. There was one thing that felt better, though.

Coming home and seeing Emi asleep in Molly's arms. That was the best!

No comments: