Friday, September 12, 2008

Taking Emiko home

Just a quick hello from Denver this morning!

We are preparing to leave Rose Medical and head home to Golden. Taking the baby home.

And first introduction to Gibson...we'll let you know how it goes.

As an aside to taking Emi home for the first time. I drove home quickly on Wednesday night with a swaddling blanket. As I walked into the kitchen, Gibs was very excited to see me. But he was also super intrigued by the smell of the blanket in my hand. He turned circles in front of me, letting me know how happy he was to have me home. But he kept trying to smell the blanket that I had set on the kitchen table.

We played outside for a while and when we came back in, I took him upstairs into the nursery. He again sniffed at the blanket in my hand and he watched as I put the blanket into the crib. He seemed satisfied with that as an explanation. He spent the rest of our time together that night just watching me.

He will be a fantastic bigger brother for Emi, we are so happy he is so laid back and accepting.

No comments: