Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Speaking of smart

Can anyone explain this to me?

I was driving home last night and was passed by a guy on a great little sport bike (moto, not bicycle). It looked like he was having fun and was dressed in full black leathers and a very nice pair of Sidi moto boots.

And no helmet.

Why would you go to the expense of having all the protective clothing, boots and glasses and not wear a helmet? What would possess someone to decide to protect the skin, the feet and eyes but not the skull?

And while I am on the subject...why is it federally mandated that I wear a seat belt while I am driving but I could drive a motorcycle down the road without a helmet? It really should be one way or the other and I am of the belief that the federal government shouldn't be able to tell me to wear a seat belt if I don't want to.

It would be a great...natural selection at it's finest, right?

If that's the case, Molly and I would probably be the first to go after our performance on Sunday. She went in to the doc yesterday for antibiotics since her forearm was infected by the cat bite.

Yup, we're stoopid.

No comments: