Thursday, June 5, 2008

I remembered that today is a special day!!!

Today is the birthday of a wonderful and dearly loved friend. Our friendship dates back to high school when we met in the trumpet section of band class. That was, wow, 17 years ago at Waterville Senior High. Funny how those days were so simple. We could spend hours sitting on top of my old truck, staring at the clouds. She was there the first time I had a silly, goofy little grin after my first date with my wife to be. I'd love to say she followed me to Middlebury but we all know she belonged at Midd far more than did I. Upon graduation, she was here in Colorado for several years, joining me on such late night excursions as a Rover trip into the snowy mountains to huddle in sleeping bags and watch the Leonids. She has since moved to San Fran where she introduced me to Gockey and then Boston where she has earned her Master's Degree.

The point is, she has been around to support me during all the momentous points of my life. She has been a sounding board for ideas, a critic and helper of the songs I have written, a crutch for when I've needed support, a Reverend for a wedding and a close friend of Hope for years.

I owe a great deal my friend and my little sister. Today I owe her a big hug for her 30th birthday. Sadly, I am too far away so this will have to do.

Happy Birthday, Reverend Phoebe!