Friday, January 23, 2009

Leaving Home

It can be one of the hardest things to do at night.

Tonight, I was headed to work the Army v Air Force game. It is an honor to get this game because there is a huge rivalry between these two schools. I've been looking forward to this for months. I was also getting to work with an incredible crew...all guys I look up to as top notch officials.

As I headed south on C-470, I called Hope to get an update on how she was feeling and how Emi was doing. I could hear Emi talking in the background. Hope put her phone on speaker so I could say hi to Emi and listen to her coo. She was smiling as we chatted and I was loving every minute of it and wishing I was at home to see Emi face to face.

All the joy in this conversation was tempered by the fact that my phone was getting low on power. Hope pointed out that I should hang up so I'd have a little juice in case I needed my phone after the game.

I spent the rest of the drive smiling and thinking about Emi talking to me on the phone. I'm looking forward to the day that she is riding with me to watch me work and when I get to drive her to watch her play. I can't wait to hear the stories she is going to tell.

No comments: