Thursday, January 8, 2009

I'm off the cheeseburgers

So I'm going to try a little test of will. It's been discussed in the past but never really played out to fruition. But I'm writing about it now to put it in front of my friends who read this and to see what my will power (or pride) can accomplish.

The last soda I had was on January 3rd at Malone's.

I'd like to see how far I can go without dumping another soda down the hatch. Now, this would not be so hard if it was not for all the reffing. Reffing means I'm out late at night, often at bars or restaurants driving a few cheeseburgers into my cheeseburger locker. All (save one) of my friends drink beer when we are out. Not drinking soda means I will be relegated to water which may be tough to palate on a late evening.

We'll see how it goes and I promise to post the moment I break my pledge of no soda. We are at 5 days and counting....

As an aside: is Moxie considered soda? Can we reclassify it as a locally sourced, carbonated health elixir? I can't even get it here in Colorado, I have to have my brother truck it in across state lines from Maine. Ooooo, I've got an itch....

1 comment:

fibby said...

No soda is tough, because you can't even do club soda or something like that to make your water more interesting. When I went off caffeine, I cut out all soda except club soda and that was a lot easier than cutting out everything and only drinking water.

There's always iced tea...