Thursday, January 15, 2009

Cheeseburgers, Part Quatre

Fibby's comment brings to light one of the ongoing internal conversations I have been having.

"What are suitable alternatives to the soda?"

  1. My favorite - Fresh water in an old 20 oz Coke container (label still is on)...makes me feel like I am drinking a clear version of Coke. If you hold your tongue just right, it even tastes like Coke. I swear.
  2. Hot cocoa
  3. Water in other containers
  4. Iced tea (yes, just as much sugar, maybe even more but it's not soda)
  5. Occasional sports drinks after reffing (Vitamin Water tends to be the drink of choice)
  6. Lemonade (for when I'm at bars and want something a little harder than water)
  7. Chocolate milk
  8. White milk
  9. OJ
Anyone care to add to my list of suitable alternatives?

2 comments:

fibby said...

guess i'm unsure about the point of this "no soda" experiment... to cut caffeine? to cut sugar? to cut carbonation?

smukai said...

Does there need to be a point? It is mostly to reduce the extra sugar intake that seemed to happen on a daily basis (mid-afternoon run to the corner store for a coke...coke in the house...coke with lunch...coke with dinner). I'm a recovering coke-head!