Thursday, July 31, 2008

July 31, 2008

I began this month with a retrospective post looking back at my past life, past music and past times. I thought it was only appropriate to take and appreciative look forward at what can and will be.

Forty-four days...just 6 weeks...from today (or thereabout), Hope and I will become parents. This is such an exciting thought but also seems to feel like a daunting task. Many of our conversations now look forward at what we will be doing, how we will be raising/educating and what we need to do in preparation.

There really is so much to do. Beyond finishing a bathroom or readying a nursery, we talk about sports, school, college and money. We talk about the general state of the world, of our country, our state and our home. We talk about being more involved is some things, less involved in others. We talk about transportation, vacation, environment, grand parents and friends. We talk about societal issues and how to raise our children to be concerned, involved, caring, cultured and socially adept to make the right decisions about topics that will be up to them.

There is far more depth here than I can do justice in this brief blog. I'm sure I'll touch base on all these things over the coming months and years, whether through published word, conversation or just general parental guidance. I hope you only do the same for your children, your friends and their children.

Pax vobiscum

No comments: