Monday, October 6, 2008

Here's to you, Dad!

These days, it's the little things that begin to matter so much

Yesterday marked the first game I have officiated where the Canadian Anthem was played before the puck dropped. I was working the Air Force v. University of Alberta game yesterday evening and I was a little giddy when I stepped on the ice for the puck drop. As O Canada played, I thought of all the times the old man must have listened to the anthem as he took the ice and it made me happy to know that I have been able to follow in his footsteps, albeit in a slightly different roll. And I was a little bummed that he wasn't here in Colorado and able to come watch the game I was working.

I do know that he will be happy to hear I didn't screw up any calls. (His words of advice before games? "Seth, don't fuck it up.")

No comments: