Friday, October 31, 2008

Trade Mags

Ah, the wonderful world of free publications. Every now and then, we get calls confirming our information for free publications. Things we never read...wastes of energy, postage, paper, ink and space.

This is the most recent call. Please keep in mind that I have very little patience for these phone calls. They are a waste of my time.


"Hi, may I speak to (name ridiculously pronounced...first and last and, mind you, the first name is not hard to pronounce)".

"I'm sorry, she's not here."

"Oh (dead silence)."

"Is there something I can help you with?"

"Well, I'm calling to confirm your address for free publication on automotive design and fabrication."

"I think we are all set. We don't have anything to do with automotive design."

"Let me remind you that is perfectly free!"

"It doesn't pertain to us."

"But it covers all aspects of automotive design, the build process, tooling and other things within the industry."

"We don't manufacture automobiles."

"What do you do?"

"We make bicycles."

"Oh. (dial tone)"

No comments: