Thursday, October 9, 2008

The man

The man is out to get us all, right?

But every now and then, the man gets the next guy in front of you. And it was so deserved.

I drove home to have lunch with Hope, Emi, Mom and Gibson today. On my way out of Golden, several of us were stuck behind a large dump truck moving very slow up the hill on Hwy 93. The pickup directly behind the slow moving behemoth was swerving back and forth, trying to find a good spot to pass. Keep in mind, there really is no place to do so.

However, this pickup driver finally saw an opportunity to pass in an intersection on the right hand side...in the break down lane. From where I was seated three cars back, I was watching and waiting for this to unfold...you could see it coming from a mile away.

So too could the motorcycle cop one car behind me. I could see his eyes watching and waiting. The moment the pickup darted, the man had his siren and strobes on. It was fantastic. A little moment of satisfaction derived when I am usually watching my mirrors and the road ahead nervously trying to avoid being nailed for speeding.

Good stuff!

No comments: