Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Whoops

So...last night, I went and did reffed my first two games of the summer adult hockey season. First game was great. Jamie and I laughed and had a good time.

The second game started like the first. We were giggling, having a good time, no problems. Then I got hit in the face with a stick. Not a glancing blow. Drilled. I was able to duck and get most of the impact to glance off my half shield. But not all of it. Nope...the remainder of the whack split my lip open.

At the end of the night, I was driving home, thinking I would like something special. Something simple. Something to pick up my spirits. Something tastefully chocolate.

It's been a long time since I have ordered a McDonald's milkshake. The last time I did, I ordered was taking one to Mark. He had shattered his ankle in a climbing accident on the Flatirons. I did. the first pull was heaven. The second pull was still sickly sweet. The third pull reminded me what Brandon and I had learned oh so long ago.

I felt sick all night long.

No comments: