Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Ride of Silence

I know things get busy and there are choices we all have to make about things we can and can not attend.

The Ride of Silence is done every year in remembrance of cyclists who have been lost or injured while on the road. We all know folks who have been hit while riding...or worse. My props today go out to Stoner who was hit last year but found it in him to bounce and get right back up. Also to Jess who was hit several years ago and worked for a long time to get her back injuries healed.

This one makes me wish I had not scheduled myself to ref hockey tonight. I'd far prefer to join up with the group and ride in remembrance. There are several rides in Colorado this year, one right here in Golden and I am bummed I am not going to be there.

No comments: