Thursday, May 8, 2008

Perhaps it's time...

Time to start writing again. It's been way too long since I have written anything remotely original. Beyond the plethora of email that bounces around, I'm afraid I have not put pen to paper, or keystroke to computer at all. It's not that I haven't been inspired. A few have been subject to my written rants or rambling calls but I find I feel much more centered if I actually put additional time into my thoughts.

Time for spring to break into summer. Winter seems to be trying to hold on this year. Not that it bothers me so much. But I'm more ready for all of hockey to be over, not to think about what rink I need to be in next, what sweater to take with me to the game, which whistle will actually work.

Time for me to really start riding my bike(s) again. Injury ruined last summer's riding...for the most part. Road was ok but riding on pavement gets way too monotonous. This summer will be all about shedding extra hockey weight (says the guy eating a bag of chips).

Time to finish up the house. For multiple reasons. We have so much to do, so little time and such a small budget. It is all coming together but not having a houseboy to do all of the work puts the bulk of the burden on me now.

Time to become a Dad. The biggest step of all. The most time consuming of all. The one I am most excited about and most scared about. But I look back at the role models I have and had and I know I am far better prepared for this new step than so many others. I think of my Dad, I think of Skip, I think of my brothers, I think of my grandfathers, I think of my closest friend's fathers who have helped guide me along the way. I couldn't find better training, I couldn't read better books, I couldn't ask for better guidance. Now there is only time to wait for each passing day until the little one is fully cooked and ready to be out.

It's time.

No comments: