Monday, May 12, 2008

In remembrance of Sasha

It tears me up when dogs pass away. But it makes me realize how special our time with Gibson is.

This showed up this morning from our good friend Pete and our heart goes out to him. Sasha is a wonderful dog and will live on in our memories.


Sasha 12/27/03 - 5/10/08

If you're receiving this e-mail it's because you, among countless others, touched the life of of an extraordinary dog named Sasha.

Sasha lost her four and half year battle with cancer early this afternoon. As most of your know, Sasha lived the majority of her joyful life with a common disease among Golden Retrievers associated with mass cell tumors.

When I look back at the time that I was privileged to have spent with Sasha, I will always remember what a kind, intelligent and loving dog she was that wanted nothing more from life than another treat and an enduring sense of wanting to appease the ones around her. I will remember her gentle nature and her innate ability to put a smile on the faces of all those who were fortunate to have known her. I will remember her kind face and happy smile. I will remember our long walks/runs along the greenbelt where she loved to terrorize the local rabbit population. Deep down inside, I think she knew that she would never have the satisfaction of catching one, but for her it was all about the chase. I will remember taking her with me everywhere I went, whether it was on a quick trip to the grocery store, an afternoon of running errands, an evening barbeque, a day on the slopes at Winter Park, a weekend camping trip to Winding River Campground, a Christmas party at the Boettcher's/Schoech's or on a long road trip to Evanston, she was always by my side. Sasha was always happiest when she was around the ones she loved and the ones that loved her. Sasha and I were fortunate enough to be able to spend every afternoon and evening with each other over the past year and a half while I was at work, as she accompanied me to the rink on a daily basis. I truly believe that this time that we were able to spend together gave her the strength and desire to fight off her cancer as long as she did. Sasha was a part of my family and I can honestly say that I am a better person for having had her in my life. She will always occupy a very special place in my heart and I can not begin to express with words alone how much I will miss her.

I love you Sasha.......and with that I say goodbye to you for now.


No comments: