Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Emiko in the morning

Emiko called out when she woke up around 6:30 this morning, saying "Daddy...Daddy."

Hope suggested that I respond and I trundled out of bed and went into Emi's room. She was lying in her bed, surrounded by her blankets and her stuffed animals. Quite quiet and very calm.

As always, she told me "I woke up."

And I responded, "Yes, you did. Do you want to go cuddle in my bed?"

"No, I want to go downstairs.I want to check on Molly."

"But Mommy is in the bathroom. Do you want to go see her in the bathroom?"

"No, I want to go downstairs. I want to check on MOLLY and Izzy!"

"Ohhhh...they aren't her right now."

A sad face.

"We can ask them to have a sleepover next time they are here. That way they could be here in the morning."

A happy face.

"Yes, I want to go downstairs to check on Molly!"

******

My lovely daughter in the morning.

No comments: