Monday, November 22, 2010

Late nights

Emiko, you woke up last night and quietly called out for Daddy. Thanks for being so considerate...you didn't even wake up Mom who needs her sleep right now. You asked me to pick you up and we cuddled in the glider for a handful of precious minutes before you started nodding off again. I asked if you were ready to go back to bed and you said yes. But I wasn't ready to put you down.

I cherish these moments with you. I marvel at both how much you have grown and how you still fit so perfectly in my arms. I cherish your sleepy hugs and your quiet answers to my questions. I marvel at how clearly your mind processes thoughts, even when you are so tired. I will cherish these quiet father and daughter moments for the rest of time.

All my love,

Dad

No comments: