Friday, January 15, 2010

Lesson Plan 1 - Experience and Response

Emiko, I had a chat with a friend last night that and I realized after we left the rink that this would have been the perfect closing comment. Too late at night, too late for me to call and give that quote.

"While we can't control all of our experiences, we can control our responses."

I'm not quite sure where the quote comes from but it can be applied to so many aspects of life. Personal, play or work.

I could go into a long soliloquy about where, when and how this is pertinent but I expect you are going to find me and talk to me about how you can apply this in life and how I have over the years. I'll know even more at that time than I do now (and I'll have forgotten plenty in between...that comes with age too).

And this serves as your first installment of my lessons to you. You can take it for whatever it is worth but I hope some day you will get a chance to read these posts and realize that your father really isn't a stodgy and stuffy old man (well, he may be at that point but he wasn't ALWAYS that way).

I love you.

Dad


No comments: