Friday, May 22, 2009

Spirits

I worked with my big brother last night. We shared some laughs, some frustrations and shared of our spirits after the games were over. As we talked, Butch asked an interesting question.

"Do you still see him?"

I was not quite sure what he meant initially. Was I having nightmares? Was there a vision burned into my memory? But a few seconds later, I got it. Was Anthony visiting me. I realized I have seen Anthony recently. Or...not so much seen him as heard him.

I have never been particularly religious and I generally don't give a great deal of thought to the afterlife but I have always considered myself at least mildly spiritual. And that is exactly what my previous post was about...though I didn't realize it at the time.

Anthony has been at my side twice now. Joking with me. Singing to me. Laughing and smiling. Letting me know that all is well. He is opening my eyes to my own humanity and spirituality. And there is no way I can thank him enough for that.

I owe Butch, too. He has been my guide through all of this, helping me to understand the communication that is coming to me.

And this reminds me of how blessed and lucky I have been in the past. My Grandfather, years after he passed away, came to visit me and Hope in a dream one night. This dream is from 2 years ago but it is still vivid in my memory. He sat in our kitchen, patiently waiting to head out for lunch somewhere in town, as if no time had passed since I was a child. He was there to say hi, to check in on me. And I know he'll visit again to check in on little Emiko.

Anthony, I'm learning. I'm learning that you can still talk to all of us. We simply need to open our ears and listen. Godspeed and ride on!

No comments: