Friday, November 28, 2008

Mike Monsoor

Mike's name was passed on to me in an email from the head of the officials in the CHL. There is a fraternity among all officials and we all remain keenly aware of the sacrifice our brothers and sisters give to our country. Color guards frequent the rinks we work in, the National Anthem conjures images for all of us and there are often videos from local men and women serving abroad asking that everyone in the building rise for the Star Spangled Banner. Stories of our military circulate amongst us via email, phone calls or tales in the locker room.

Many things go through my mind during our National Anthem. In among those thoughts are my gratitude to Sam and Stephen who have and still serve our nation in times of peace and unrest.

And stories, like the one of Mike Monsoor, bring tears to my eyes each time I think of their bravery during war in the face adversity.


No comments: