Monday, November 3, 2008

Stupidity

Well, this may go down as my first post on my own stupidity. Yup, it has finally happened after 32 years of life...

Yesterday, I waited for as long as possible for my cell phone to update the time automagically. Which it never did. I finally gave in and reset the time before heading off to the Av's game (which was atrocious). Thanks to Sally for the tickets but I have to say that last night's game wasn't something that needed me to bear witness to.

But that's neither here nor there.

This morning, my cell phone alarm woke me, as usual. I climbed out of bed and did my standard morning walk through of the house. I started Emi's diaper was as I do every morning. I fed Gibson as I usually do. I climbed into the shower, toweled off when finished, made myself a cup of hot chocolate and finally climbed into my little car for the drive to work.

The roads during the drive were surprisingly empty. I pondered this as I was driving but I figured I had left the house about eight minutes earlier than normal. This is what the roads look like if I get out of the house just a little bit earlier.

I rolled into the office parking lot just a tad earlier than I usually do. And it was empty. I checked my cell phone clock. 7:55. Hmm. Where in the world is everyone?

I began going through the glove box and cleaning out the mung that exists in Hope's old car. At 8:05, I began getting frustrated. I wondered at the same time if I had somehow screwed up the time change. Who can I call who won't be judgemental and use this as fodder for later ribbing?

Mom. I could trust my Mom to not be judgemental, to not poke fun. She can keep a secret. She won't think her eldest son to be an idiot.

I called my Mom.

She laughed at me.

I blamed my cell phone.

She laughed at me again.

I took my newly found hour and got some breakfast.

No comments: