Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Year, new focus


I'm not much for New Year's resolutions.

(says the guy who gave up soda a few new years ago)

I have a few close friends who are giving up alcohol. Tobacco. Other vices. But I could not think of something I could do to join them.

And then I thought of our kitchen. How Hope cooks there every night. How she cleans it up every night. (During the hockey season) How she does all of this after putting the kids to bed.

I have been coasting since Winslow was born. Hope has been home full time taking care of everything while I breeze in and out, relying on her to maintain our household. Too much has been on her shoulders.

So, my plan is to make sure I lead the charge on maintaining a clean kitchen.

(one final thought...this picture was taken when we first purchased the house...boy, those two plants have not fared well!)

No comments: