Wednesday, March 17, 2010

1st MTB Ride of 2010

It wasn't spectacular. It wasn't epic. It hurt (my ass...my lungs).

But it was fantastic!

I was with my good friend and co-worker, Phil. I had a grin on my face because it is 63 degrees out and it is supposed to snow tomorrow. It was warm and the trails were dry. The trails were easy and that allowed my thoughts to wander.

They wandered to the past season of hockey. I was thinking that I wouldn't think of Anthony as much (I think of him every time I step on the ice...more on that in a later post). Yet I realized he would always be there riding along. I see him in the shadows of riders. I see him in the pictures of the scenery, the plants and the animals that are framed in my mind. I'll continue to hear his subtle sense of humor.

I'll continue to miss my friend but at the same time, I'll continue to celebrate life.

No comments: