Wednesday, August 12, 2009

An apple a day

I had the pleasure of meeting up with Hope and Emiko at school today for a little lunch. Actually, I've been meeting them for lunch quite a bit as of late. It's been quite nice to see the girls and spend an extra hour with them every day!

I had an apple to finish my meal today and Emi was quite intrigued. She crawled over to me and watched as I took bites while I sat on the floor with her. I held the apple out for her and at first, she simply kissed it. But you could see she was intrigued with the flavor on her lips. She leaned in again and spent some time sucking on the apple. And then she began to gnaw on it. She loved the flavor and was ultimately able to work a piece of apple loose and chewed on that for a while.

Every day, something new. I feel blessed to have been there to watch her discover a new food!

No comments: