Thursday, July 9, 2009

Rides

The past few weeks have been filled with rides (the family is out of town and I've been trying to fill the loneliness of the empty house with a bit of outside fun). We have spent time at Nederland and Lair of the Bear putting in a few miles and getting some newbies out on the trail.

Yesterday, Flanders and I were a bit torn on where to ride. Ned seemed like to long a drive and we had just been at Lair the night before. In the back of my mind, I heard a little voice ask, "Where would Anthony go for a ride?"

Centennial Cone.

I was excited to ride a trail I had never been on before. And excited as it was one of Anthony's favorite local rides.

The wild flowers are out in force. So much yellow, red, purple and white. And their magnificence filled the air. It was refreshing to be out in the open looking down into Clear Creek Canyon. The trail was loose and exposed and it should have been the perfect ride.

Unfortunately, a stupid fall before the ride even began had left my right knee with a great deal of pain behind the kneecap. It felt like I turned back before I even really began the ride.

But I'll be back.

1 comment:

FraSiec said...

You should track your rides on my site. http://fat-tire.net
I just put the site up in May. It's a tool to use plus a way to promote your own blog.

I had a bunch of Anthony's rides posted in my test database, but out of respect for the family I never put on the net. I'll have to add more trails for your area though. Anthony went everywhere.

I met Anthony in Feb down in Arizona at a Yeti demo. Didn't even realize it was the same guy as the blogger. We must have talked for 20 minutes total. Nice guy. Was stunned, shocked, saddened when I saw his photo.