Monday, February 16, 2009

A bachelor weekend in review

Tonight, i got to play hockey. And I felt strong and young...I was pulling away from other players with very effort. I was completing tape to tape passes to guys who didn't even expect to receive a pass but who were in perfect position to head up ice or shoot. I was making it look easy and I was feeling pretty good about myself (except for my backhand). My legs felt light and I didn't slow down as the game progressed.

But I suppose my legs will always feel light when I have spent the morning skiing at Loveland. 2 inches of fresh which had wind loaded into 5 inches at higher elevations. It was a bluebird day, the wind was low and the temps stayed in the 20's. It was a perfect day to ski and I'm happy that I had such a wonderful first day of skiing in over a year. And I was lucky enough to spend my time following Dave as he led me all over his mountain.

Perhaps my back stayed loose as I was playing hockey because I had spent all afternoon hunched over cleaning the stove, running the vacuum around the house and moving a great deal of furniture as I rearranged the bedroom (hey, the wife is gone, I can do whatever I want).

Or maybe I was feeling so strong because I had reffed two pro hockey games this weekend (Friday and Saturday night). Those skates certainly get my blood flowing!

Now that I think about it...I'm pretty worked from the weekend. I may need to hire a personal masseuse.

No comments: