Friday, August 5, 2011

Lesson Plan 8 - Listen to the World, Listen to Your Heart

Emiko and Winslow, this morning, I was getting ready to put on my gear, climb on Uncle Sam's motorcycle and drive to work. As I pulled my boots on, Emi looked at me and said, "Daddy, take those off and put your flipflops on. Don't take your motorcycle, drive your car."

I paused and was about to ignore her advice. But Emi had awakened a small voice inside.

"Listen to your heart. It knows all things, because it came from the Soul of the World, and it will one day return there."

I ride the motorcycle to save a little money on gas. I ride it also because it is fun. But it scares me. A lot. I am so exposed, such a novice and all too aware of the potential dangers should I get clipped or lay it down.

Back when I used to ski every weekend, I used to listen to the signs in my heart. If I forgot a vital piece of equipment, I'd assume I wasn't meant to ski that day. When my heart told me I was done, I got off the mountain. I tried to make sure I didn't tempt fate.

Emiko, I took your comment this morning as a warning for the day. I make a solemn promise to you and Winlsow that I will continue to listen to my heart. I will heed the warnings and I will revel in the joy that you two bring to our lives.

All my love.

Dad





No comments: