Wednesday, May 26, 2010

One cool evening after hockey

I played hockey last night. I had a blast, scored a few goals and generally felt pretty darn good on the ice. When we finished, I headed toward home but Hope was already asleep and I was feeling pretty hungry. I settled on a pizza and swung by Old C's.

While I waited for my late night meal, I spent some time catching up by reading some old emails. While I was staring at my Blackberry, this email from Bob Lefsetz came in and as I read it, I was nearly moved to happy tears thinking about the time Hope and I saw U2 at the Pepsi Center.

U2 was always one of the bands on my bucket list. When I got to see them with my future wife, it was a dream come true.

So when I walked out of Old C's, I popped in my remastered copy of Joshua Tree, rolled down the windows and cranked the volume.

I was at peace.

I was in heaven.

I was alive.

I was so appreciative for my many blessings.

No comments: